- Who is Chilli Bob?
- Chilli Bob is me. Actually Chilli Bob is also a blues band in the States, and fish fancier from Perth, and any number of other people. But this Chilli Bob is just me.
- Why “Chilli Bob”?
- It began with a get rich quick scheme Ross and I devised. He had a vacant block of land that wouldn’t sell, so we decided to grow chillis on it. The plan was to grow fifty different types of chillis (There are at least this many varieties that you can buy seeds for, we did our research) and sell them at the Sunday markets. As a gimick we would wear sombreros and fake moustaches, and refer to the general public as “gringos”. But Ross decided that the block of land would be even harder to sell if it had a commercial chilli farm on it, and it would have been hard work, so we threw it in. (And Ross works every Sunday anyway, but we didn’t think of that until after we had already abandoned the project) But I thought the name had a ring to it so I kept it.
- Is there any purpose to this site?
- Why are some of the pics so crappy?
- They were taken with cameras of a wide variety of quality, from a brand new Pentax SLR, a crappy second hand Pentax SLR that I paid $100 for and ran 2 rolls through before smashing with a brick, a Sony digital, 2 different 40 year old Voigtlanders, and a fixed focus P.O.S. that I used to take the N.Z. 2003 pics so as not to risk getting the Ricoh wet. (BIG mistake)
- Why is everything else so crappy?
- I’m doing the whole thing in HTML using notepad. I want to get in touch with that nerd I was back in high school. That, and I’m too cheap to spring for Dreamweaver.
- You seem vague about what’s coming to the site in the future. Why not tell us?
- I’m a guy and fear commitment.
- Are you at all worried about the fact that you are sitting in a darkened room asking yourself questions, and then answering them?
- Yes, but it’s cheaper than therepy.
- Do we get to see a picture of you?
- I wouldn’t recommend it, but OK, next time the scanner is hooked up I’ll think about it
One day I’ll put some links here. Maybe. In the mean time, why not go to Google and search on something that YOU are interested in. Surely that makes more sense.
One day I’ll put some other stuff here. Maybe hard core right wing diatribe. Maybe poems about puppies and flowers. Either way no-one will ever see it, so I’m safe.